Dearest Clarity
I wish that you fully love who you are and everything that you are.
That you embrace being a woman, love being a woman and see the power and beauty in being a woman.
You feel honored and comfortable in your own beautiful skin.
You live your life to the fullest.
You see everything you dream of seeing.
You do everything you dream of doing.
Be everything you want to be.
You are the most precious and beautiful gift I have ever received in my life. You have taught me more than I could have ever imagined, and you have brought such joy, love and laughter into my life. In a way I feel like you gave birth to me, because I have never felt more alive and whole as a person. You are my everything. I truly love you with all that I am. You are my angel and my inspiration and this blog is dedicated to you.
xo

October 15, 2011

Truly You

 I keep trying to figure out why I am stuck in the same place in my life, over and over and over again.  Sometimes I feel like I'm just floating through.  Not feeling or thinking.  Not having a passion or desire.  Not hoping or believing.  Just floating.  Lately I've been reminiscing a lot.  Thinking about my past.  The decisions I've made.  The path I've chosen.  It's easy to just ignore or decide to forget, but it will always come back around eventually. 


I've decided to forget so much in my life, that I actually do forget so much.  Forcing myself to remember, I am having to face alot about who I am, who I was and who I want to be.  As painful as it is to look back, I know in order to look forward I need to face all of who I am and all that has brought me to this moment. When I think of why I've made alot of the choices I've made, the only word that comes to mind is fear.  Fear to succeed.  Fear to stand up for my beliefs.  Fear to be succesful.  Fear to be powerful. Fear to like what I like.  Fear to be me.


It's like I've been fighting my true authentic self my whole life.  Creating this other person.  This person that is so afraid of being herself that she got lost trying to be someone else. Someone who wanted to please people and be who I thought they wanted  me to be. I'ts taken me a long time and a lot of obstacles, heartache and pain to finally see that you can't.  You can't fight your true self, because if you do, you will never truly be where you wanna be, what you wanna be and who you wanna be.  It sounds so crazy, and feels so crazy that it's that hard to just be me, but I think it's actually one of the hardest things we as humans have to do.  With all the outside influences, preassures, misconseptions and impossible standards we set for ourselves and eachother it's so easy to get lost. 


I keep thinking about how I can help my daughter, as she go's through this thing called life.  How can I help her stay true to who she is?  What can I do to support her, to be true to her beliefs, likes and dislikes.  Her hopes and her dreams.  I've realized there is only one thing I can do and that is to show her.  To let go of the guilt I feel for my past mistakes and offroading, and to let go of the fear.  If I show her that my fears can't get in the way of who I am and want to be then I  can become the woman I want her to be.  I can do the things I dream of her doing and I can see what I want her to see.  I was recently told that we as parents often live through our children.  We watch them live out our dreams.  Well, I've decided that I want to live out my dreams with her.

2 comments:

  1. While reading your last entry, Truly You, I wanted to reach out, give you a hug and say, "yes, be yourself and continue to share with us from this authentic human place we all know so well, but keep hidden for the same reasons you have already mentioned."
    When you share from this genuine place it touches that same true place within all of us too.
    I hope many will be inspired, as I have been, to live out their dreams, to be the change they want to see in others and in the world.
    May all your dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While reading your lovely blog post I was reminded of this TEDTALK, I hope you enjoy, and thank you for sharing. http://www.ted.com/talks/thandie_newton_embracing_otherness_embracing_myself.html

    ReplyDelete