Dearest Clarity
I wish that you fully love who you are and everything that you are.
That you embrace being a woman, love being a woman and see the power and beauty in being a woman.
You feel honored and comfortable in your own beautiful skin.
You live your life to the fullest.
You see everything you dream of seeing.
You do everything you dream of doing.
Be everything you want to be.
You are the most precious and beautiful gift I have ever received in my life. You have taught me more than I could have ever imagined, and you have brought such joy, love and laughter into my life. In a way I feel like you gave birth to me, because I have never felt more alive and whole as a person. You are my everything. I truly love you with all that I am. You are my angel and my inspiration and this blog is dedicated to you.
xo

November 6, 2011

Nature Therapy

I had a really rough week. I was angry, tired, agitated, annoyed, resentful, I pretty much just felt awful.  I try to be as positive as I can most of the time, but I have my moments where I just want to give up.  I feel sorry for myself, wonder why this is the life I've chosen, and how I got to this place.  When I feel that way I loose the ability to see the positive and all the wonderful blessings I have in my life.  

On Saturday while I was miserably cleaning my apartment my daughter said, "mom are you going to have a bad day today? "  I stopped and thought, Oh my god! I need to snap out of it, what can I do to feel better and get back on track?  I stopped cleaning, put on my running shoes and went with my daughter for a hike in the park.  As soon as I started walking in the sunshine and took in the fresh air I started to feel better.  There were leaves falling all around us, the crisp air on our faces and sunshine glistening off of all the trees.  It was so beautiful and exactly what I needed.  By the time we got half way through the park I felt energized, inspired and ready to tackle the rest of the day.  I apologized to my daughter for my miserable mood all week and she said, "I think the park is good for you mommy."  

Once again I was reminded how important and therapeutic it is to be in nature.  Not only did it help turn my day around, it gave me a chance to spend some quality time with my baby.  We talked, played in the leaves, walked in silence and the best part was, I got to show my daughter that it's ok to feel like crap and when you do, this is one healthy way to feel better.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post as always. You are so honest and brave. It is inspiring and is so nice to read that I am not alone and we all go through these times. Thank you for being you and sharing.

    ReplyDelete