Dearest Clarity
I wish that you fully love who you are and everything that you are.
That you embrace being a woman, love being a woman and see the power and beauty in being a woman.
You feel honored and comfortable in your own beautiful skin.
You live your life to the fullest.
You see everything you dream of seeing.
You do everything you dream of doing.
Be everything you want to be.
You are the most precious and beautiful gift I have ever received in my life. You have taught me more than I could have ever imagined, and you have brought such joy, love and laughter into my life. In a way I feel like you gave birth to me, because I have never felt more alive and whole as a person. You are my everything. I truly love you with all that I am. You are my angel and my inspiration and this blog is dedicated to you.
xo

February 22, 2010

My Angel


My mom has always said to me that when you want to tell someone something or you want to hope for something but can't necessarily tell that person for whatever reason, maybe they wont understand or you don't have the courage, you write a letter. You put it somewhere special and maybe one day you will give it to them or maybe you wont, but it is a way to release what you are feeling and a way to send those feelings and thoughts you have to them energetically. Today I felt like I wanted to tell my daughter so many things, my hopes and dreams for her and how much I love her but of course at 4 I knew she probably wouldn't quite get it so......... I wrote.

Dearest Clarity
I wish that you fully love who you are and everything that you are.
That you embrace being a woman, love being a woman and see the power and beauty in being a woman.
You feel honoured and comfortable in your own beautiful skin.
You live your life to the fullest.
You see everything you dream of seeing.
You do everything you dream of doing.
Be everything you want to be.
You are the most precious and beautiful gift I have ever received in my life. You have taught me more than I could have ever imagined, and you have brought such joy, love and laughter into my life. In a way I feel like you have gave birth to me because I have never felt more alive and whole as a person. You are my everything. I truly love you with all that I am. You are my angel and my inspiration.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Molly,
    Your expression of love for yourself and your daughter is truly contagious and inpirational.
    We all know that loving ourselves is a precursor for loving another so hang in there and before you know it you will be met with the same love you already possess.
    By the way, I have taken the letter you wrote to your daughter and applied to myself as a way of beginning to love myself. I will write a letter to my children too and here's an idea; write a letter to the one your waiting for as though he already exists....I'm sure he does.
    One final thought. These letters are like prayers for ourselves, our children and ultimately good energy poured out into the children of the Universe.
    All the best,
    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply beautiful. I havn't written in years, Looking back I remember I would write about everything, to my friends, to myself, about my feeling....and I stopped. This was a reminder at how much writing helped let everything out when I did not want to speak, but just express myself to the paper and pen.

    I absolutly love this letter, and I will write my own to my sons.... and one day when they can comprehend the words for what they are worth I will give it to them.

    Thank you for making me remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're daughter is sooo blessed to have a mother like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. I know I used to write a lot too, I always had a journal going but I stopped until someone reminded me. I am so glad I could do the same for you. Writing really is a powerful tool for expresion. It is also really amazing to go back and read things Iv'e written before to remember things I've gone through and feelings I've felt as well as how far I've come since those times. Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite one! It reminds me of that childrens book by Robert Munsch "I Love you Forever". it made me break down in tears also which is also few and far between these days. Truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete