Dearest Clarity
I wish that you fully love who you are and everything that you are.
That you embrace being a woman, love being a woman and see the power and beauty in being a woman.
You feel honored and comfortable in your own beautiful skin.
You live your life to the fullest.
You see everything you dream of seeing.
You do everything you dream of doing.
Be everything you want to be.
You are the most precious and beautiful gift I have ever received in my life. You have taught me more than I could have ever imagined, and you have brought such joy, love and laughter into my life. In a way I feel like you gave birth to me, because I have never felt more alive and whole as a person. You are my everything. I truly love you with all that I am. You are my angel and my inspiration and this blog is dedicated to you.
xo

March 15, 2010

Run's House!


Dearest Clarity,

This might not be for everybody but My daughter and I were watching our favourite show tonight, Run's House. It is about Rev Run who used to be a member of the legendary group RUN DMC and his family. It is on MTV or if you don't have cable like me, you can watch it online at http://www.mtv.ca/ I wanted to bring it to peoples attention because I think they are amazing role models as parents and as a family unit. The way they approach parenting, I think is amazing. My daughter and I both find it hilarious and we have both learnt a lot from it. They have six children , the three oldest are from a different mother and the youngest is adopted. Throughout the six seasons of this reality show, you get to live through the obstacles and challenges they face as parents, a married couple, a family and as kids in all different stages. The way they discipline, communicate, laugh, love and approach life, to me is inspirational. I think they are a beautiful, loving, fun family that works hard at being a solid unit, one we can all learn from. So I encourage you to give it a try.

They also have a book out called Take Back Your Family, a Challenge to America's Parents which I also think is great. Here are a few of my favourite episodes.


http://www.mtv.ca/tvshows/runs-house/video_content.jhtml?id=1559229


http://www.mtv.ca/tvshows/runs-house/video_content.jhtml?id=1580189


http://www.mtv.ca/tvshows/runs-house/video_content.jhtml?id=1614548


http://www.mtv.ca/tvshows/runs-house/video_content.jhtml?id=1614073


3 comments:

  1. I love this show too! It's the best! I'm glad someone els can see what great role models they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me wanna be in their family, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so funny and touching, they have it right for sure!

    ReplyDelete