Dearest Clarity
I wish that you fully love who you are and everything that you are.
That you embrace being a woman, love being a woman and see the power and beauty in being a woman.
You feel honored and comfortable in your own beautiful skin.
You live your life to the fullest.
You see everything you dream of seeing.
You do everything you dream of doing.
Be everything you want to be.
You are the most precious and beautiful gift I have ever received in my life. You have taught me more than I could have ever imagined, and you have brought such joy, love and laughter into my life. In a way I feel like you gave birth to me, because I have never felt more alive and whole as a person. You are my everything. I truly love you with all that I am. You are my angel and my inspiration and this blog is dedicated to you.
xo

April 26, 2010

A clear space is a clear mind

Dearest Clarity,
Everyday I've been trying to keep my home as clean and neat as possible, which isn't easy with kids around. At least once a week, I try to make sure I get at least one important chore or task done, besides the usual day to day stuff. I'm talking about cleaning out a closet, going through my daughters toys or clothes, and getting rid of whatever she doesn't need anymore. Today my daughter and I did just that. It felt so good to declutter and it was a great way to teach her how to be tidy and organized. When we were finished and looked around at our tidy home, I said "Now doesn't that feel good, to sit in a clean home without stuff everywhere?" She agreed "Yes Mommy, it makes me feel really happy!" I started thinking about how much the space I keep is a reflection of my state of mind. When I'm depressed, sad or destructive, my place is a messy disaster. When I'm happy, clear and in a good place mentally and emotionally, my place is tidy and clean. As I'm writing I'm looking around and remembering what my mom always said and still says, A clear space is a clear mind!
http://http//www.canadianliving.com/health/mind_and_spirit/6_ways_to_clean_up_your_home_life.php

1 comment:

  1. Thank you my dearest daughter Molly,
    I am so grateful for the many acknowledgements I have received from you of late. I have always said, "it is awesome to witness your own daughter become a mother." Now, I have something else to witness, the coming together of your life with my beautiful granddaughter. I always knew you had this in you... to look beyond the painful difficulties of life situations and make choices, one step at a time toward the next right thing. Easy does it to all you single parents out there.
    Today, I am grateful to be blessed with an amazing daughter. I never lost hope. All it took was remembering the greater part of you, of life.
    I'm so glad I could see beyond the things that happened in our lives (it hasn't always been that way), to a place where hope and love reside in all of us.
    God bless,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete